My family enjoyed this. I don’t tell them we are having a meatless meal anymore. I have prepared them well enough. I just cook and dish up. They were happily surprised with this dish.
1/2 medium red onion finely chopped
1/2 white onion finely chopped
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1/2 tablespoon Garam Masala
1 teaspoon Mother-in-law mixed Masala
1 1/2 tablespoon blend of curry spices
175g Red Lentils
100g finely chopped, washed young pumpkin leaves with the white membrane removed
400g diced tomatoes in their juice
1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
600ml Coconut Milk
2 teaspoons salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. On medium heat, add the coconut oil to your pot. Add the onions and spices. Sauté for 10 minutes.
2. Add the Lentils and cook for a further 10 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and sugar. Cook for 5 minutes with the lid on.
4. Add the coconut milk, water, salt, and black pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add the pumpkin leaves and cook for 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite flat bread.
2 Comments Add yours
You have me very intrigued by pumpkin leaves! This sounds so amazing and unique!
It was my very first time using pumpkin leaves, and I actually want to keep using them. I was pleasantly surprised when my family ate the mash without frowning or asking a million questions.
LikeLiked by 1 person