250ml Soft margarine
250ml White sugar
250ml Full Cream Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 3/4 cup wholewheat cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
2 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
250ml Dessicated Coconut
Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees.
1. Cream the margarine and sugar together. Mix thoroughly and light and fluffy.
2. Mix in the egg, milk, vanilla essence.
3. Add the flour gradually. Half or a quarter cup at a time, with half a teaspoon of baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Mix all the flour, baking power, and bicarbonate of soda in. Alternatively, sift all the dry ingredients in together.
4. Add about 4 tablespoons into each of your greased mini loaf pans compartnenrs, or use your preferred greased baking tin.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until a tester/knife comes out clean.
Serve with tea, custard or ice cream.