250g White onion finely chopped
2 tablespoons yellow curry paste
500g leek, thinly sliced
500g Imbo soup mix, soaked (lentils, green peas, barley)
7 cups fresh Swiss chard washed and chopped with the vein removed
2 tablespoons lemon and herb seasoning
1 1/2 tablespoon Karoo potjie spice
1 tablespoon ground coriander
2 Cups frozen mixed vegetables – green peas, sweet corn, carrots, green beans
2L Hot water
3 chicken stock cubes
1. Sauté the onion, leek, coriander, karoo potjie spice, lemon & herb seasoning for 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
2. Add the curry paste and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add the leek and soup mix. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the rabbit, water and chicken stock cubes.
5. Cover and cook for 45 minutes.
6. Remove the rabbit, debone it and lightly shred the meat. Reduce the heat to simmer – your lowest possible heat level.
7. Place the meat back in the pot, together with the Swiss Chard and frozen vegetables.
8. Cook for 30 minutes.
9. Serve as is, or with toasted french loaf slices or fresh/toasted plain ciabata.