This recipe came to me while I was walking around in the kitchen looking for after school snack inspiration and as I kept taking ingredient after ingredient out, the puzzle came together and at some point, the rest of the ingredients called my name. I love food, I enjoy the kitchen and I just love making snacks for the kids at home.
This marks the first of our “after school snacks” in 2022. Thank goodness, everyone loved these. Just enough sugar for the kids to enjoy and for the adults to snack on too! My husband had a second serving so it’s a thumbs up from the kids and the adults.
The added fiber from the oatmeal is just enough to give this snack something good for the body and not to much of it to turn the kids off.
3 overripe bananas
1/3 Cup (80ml) Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 Teaspoon Banana Essence
3 Tablespoon Oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
500ml Cake Flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 Cup Full Cream Milk
3 tablespoons custard powder
Optional: Fresh Banana slices for topping
Optional: Icing sugar for dusting
Pre-heat your oven to 180⁰.
1. Mash the bananas and then add the eggs, milk, vanilla and banana essence, butter and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
2. Add a quarter of the the flour gradually, mixing thoroughly and add the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Mix well.
3. Add another quarter of the flour and mix it in. Add the oatmeal and custard powder and mix well. Add the rest if the flour and mix the batter well.
4. Grease your muffin pan well. I used Cook & Spray. Pour the batter about halfway through in each muffin compartment- about 2 1/2 tablespoons.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool and serve with Liquid Custard. These can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature.
One Comment Add yours
Looks so good!