This is the last of the sheep that were slaughtered at our wedding. We came back with a small share too cook where we live. I decided to make a curry with flat bread. My husband loved it so much, he even asked if I wrote the recipe down so I can make it again. Everyone ate and liked their fingers and this makes me very happy! A new family favorite.
PS: The red curry paste is such a beautiful shortcut!
1/2 Red Onion finely chopped
1/2 White Onion finely chopped
100g Red Thai Paste
410g Coconut Milk
1 Lamb Karoo Stock Cube
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon Fish Sauce
1 cup Carrots, washed and diced in bite sized pieces
1 1/2 Cup, washed, diced green beans
2 Tablespoons Oil
1. On medium-high heat, add the oil and sauté the meat until golden brown. Remove the meat from the pot and set aside.
2. Sauté the Thai Curry paste for 3 minutes then add the onions. Cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes then add the meat.
3. Cook the meat, paste and onion for 5 minutes, then add the coconut milk, sugar and stock cube. Reduce the heat to low.
4. Cook for 2 hours and then add the green beans and carrots. Cook for another hour.
5. Season with fish sauce and turn off the heat but leave the pot on the stove.
Serve after 5 minutes.