1 Cup Black Eyed Beans
1 Cup Wheat Berries
4 Cups (1L) Hot water
4 Cups (1L Hot water)
70g Chopped Leek (1 Long stick)
1/2 Medium Onion, diced
1/2 Cup Chopped Carrots
6 Fresh Curry Leaves
1 tablespoon and 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
2 teaspoons dried, mixed herbs
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon garam masala
4 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
2 Cubes Maggie Star seasoning
1 Cube Imana Garlic and Herb Stock
1 Sachet, 10g tomato paste
Oil for cooking
- Soak the beans and berries for 8 hours, or overnight. Drain the water.
- Add your oil to a pot on medium heat.
- Add your onions, curry leaves, garam masala, curry, turmeric, mixed herbs and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add your beans and berries and cook for a further 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the tomato paste, salt, maggie cube, imana cube and carrots. Cook for 20 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Add the first 4 cups of hot water. Turn the heat to low, add your tomatoes and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add the last 4 cups of water and simmer further until the water has been absorbed and your beans are soft, and the stew is thick – not watery.
- Serve away! I served mine with homemade sweet potato gnocci boiled then sauteed in salted butter and herbs.
One Comment Add yours
Looks yummy. Please check out my page too.