This is a delicious Indian flatbread with just 3 ingredients. Roti is best served hot with soup, steps, curries or as a wrap with a delicious filling.
3 x 250ml Cake Wheat Flour
375ml Boiling hot water (250ml + 125ml)
3 Tablespoons melted butter/margarine
1/2 teaspoon salt (if using salted butter, skip the salt)A
Soft Butter for the cooking process.
1. In a bowl, add the flour, salt and water. Mix with a spoon and then use your hands if once the water temperature isn’t too hot to handle. Start kneading as you mix the flour and water.
2. Add the butter in bit by bit, kneading to form a soft dough.
3. Cover the dough with a damp cloth or cling wrap plastic and let it sit for 30 minutes.
4. Uncover the dough and start making small dough balls, which you will roll out into flat shapes. Don’t roll out too thin or too thick.
5. Preheat your pan to medium-high but not on high.
6. Spread a bit of butter on each rolled out dough and cook each piece, placing the buttered side down in the hot pan.
7. When the bread starts to form air bubbles ontop, it is time to flip it over. Cook the other side. As soon as you see bubbles forming again, remove from the heat.
8. Spread butter on each bread after removing it from the heat.
9 Serve hot with your choice of stew, soup, curry, or filling.