It is always a joy when I get to pick lemons from our backyard so I’m always looking for ways to use them. These are soft and chewy, an ideal combination for those they don’t like to have to bite hard to enjoy a baked treat.
Some like them more golden brown and some like them with touches of golden love. Either way, they are soft, chewy and lemony!
125ml Soft butter
125ml + 2 tablespoons Granulated sugar
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 tablespoons lemon essence
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
500ml Cake Flour
2 tablespoon corn starch
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
2. Add the egg, honey, lemon essence, lemon zest and lemon juice and Whisk the ingredients together.
3. Place a sieve over the wet ingredients and I the sieve, add the cake flour, corn starch and bicarbonate of soda. Sieve these dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
4. Mix all the ingredients together until you have a soft dough.
5. Make 24 balls with the dough and place them on 2 baking sheets/pans lined with baking paper, flatten them slightly using your finger tips or fork dipped in water. Place the dough balls on the fridge for 4 hours.
6. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees 15 minutes before you bake.
6. Bake the cookies on a baking sheet/tray lined with baking paper and bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies start turning brown at the edges.
7. Once baked, let the cookies cool down before serving.