I enjoyed this smoothie and love the nutritional benefits that come with the main ingredients. Here is a brief summary:
Strawberries are sodium free, fat free and have no cholesterol and are low in calories.
Blueberries are high in potassium and vitamin C.
Oatmeal contains a soluble fiber, can improve blood sugar and can lower cholesterol.
Baby Spinach is packed with vitamins and improves heart health, contains folate which is vital for a healthy pregnancy and it is one of the best sources of plant-based iron available.
500g Frozen Mixed Berries
200g Oatmeal (uncooked)
250 – 350ml Plain Yoghurt
A handful of fresh baby spinach
Honey to taste
- Place the berries, oatmeal, spinach and yoghurt in a blender.
- Blend until smooth. If your blender needs water, rather start with about 3 tablespoons of water so the water is at the bottom, then add your fruits, yoghurt, spinach and oats.
- Once your smoothie is all smoothed out, add your honey – as much honey as you would like.
- Blend again for a few seconds.
- Serve into your chosen bowls and garnish with the orange, chia, cinnamon and moringa. You can drizzle with a bit more honey if you would like.
If the smoothie is too thick for you, add a bit of water or milk. A tablespoon at a time until you get the consistency you prefer.